Yellow spots

Karairene

Location (City and/or State)
Kernersville, nc
So in another thread (I think he’s dying) I posted that he has these yellow spots. He stayed in his water soaking for a couple hours and only would lift his head up and down. I also noticed some water coming out of his nose.

Any idea what these spots could be? Some suggested ant bites but I don’t know.

D524FE20-62AA-420F-B69B-6C609F400FF4.jpeg 4F911ECE-B6E0-4BC6-A935-C278EDEDC697.jpeg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Wow those are alot more prominent now than in your original photos.
It could still be ant bites. Do you have fire ants in your area?
The spots are on and around his eyelids and are probably one of the reasons why he won't open them. They may be very painful.
Another possibility is a type of disease or sickness that was spread by the other tort you had. @Tom may be able to give his opinion on it. A vet visit may be necessary if they continue to get worse.

Karairene

Kernersville, nc
Wow those are alot more prominent now than in your original photos.
It could still be ant bites. Do you have fire ants in your area?
The spots are on and around his eyelids and are probably one of the reasons why he won't open them. They may be very painful.
Another possibility is a type of disease or sickness that was spread by the other tort you had. @Tom may be able to give his opinion on it. A vet visit may be necessary if they continue to get worse.
I know

I feel so bad for him. My yard has several types of ants although I don’t think I’ve seen any fire ants, just regular red ants.

He looks so swollen. I hate this. The best vet is an hour and a half away and isn’t open on the weekends so that sucks. Plus low funds. I gotta do what I gotta do though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It also looks like it might have touched a plant that has tiny stickers on it - a small cactus, or stinging nettles - that sort of thing.

Emily Contreras

Arizona
An hour and a half is not that bad. You REALLY should take it to the vet, that looks VERY painful.

Also how is it going??

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
That poor baby! At least it's not in pain anymore. :( Very sorry.