Yellowfoot tortoise in Chicago area needs new home

GentlemanScarecrow

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
I have a fully grown yellowfoot tortoise who is about 21 years old named Tortellini or Lini for short. She's healthy and active and she's a beautiful creature. I've tried to house her in an apartment setting with limited money to feed her and meet her other needs. I'm approaching the point where I'm moving out and I just don't have the space or resources to take good enough care of her. I'm hoping someone can come provide her a new home with more space and maybe a yard she can roam. I can give more details about her as far as her behaviors and answer any questions as needed.

Here are some photos of her:

wBLklfX.jpg

uYNKtLZ.jpg

Y3eqy9X.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's too bad we're so far from each other. I have several Yellowfoot tortoises and I'd love to add her to my group! I'm trying to breed them. So far I've been able to hatch out four over the years, but I have trouble during the incubation process.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It's too bad we're so far from each other. I have several Yellowfoot tortoises and I'd love to add her to my group! I'm trying to breed them. So far I've been able to hatch out four over the years, but I have trouble during the incubation process.
maybe Wellington can physically get her and the she can ship her to you...don't just say that...DO IT!!!

GentlemanScarecrow

Chicago
Well by the looks of it, there's some support on offer as far as getting the tortoise into your custody.

Of course, it's a big commitment and it hasn't even been a day yet, so there's no rush to come to a decision. If you have any questions please let me know any time