Young Moroccan Greek.

Texastortoise13

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Texas
Hello everyone, I just joined and don’t have a whole lot of experience with tortoises. I have a yearling Moroccan Greek and he acts normally and has a great appetite, but I’ll see him sneezing almost daily and every now and then I’ll see a little snot bubble but it doesn’t persist. What is the ideal temp and humidity range? I’ve always heard hot and dry. Temps are low 100’s on the hot end to upper to mid 80’s on the cooler side. Humidity is in the teens to mid 20’s. Thank you

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the caresheet you need for your tort. Read that and make any changes to your set up that are needed - most of us have been given wrong or old information and had to change everything! Ask as many questions about it as you like to clarify anything.
If you post a picture of your enclosure and the lamps you are using members can give you good feedback to help you provide a safe and happy home.

rattboy

10 Year Member!
San Francisco, CA
Hello everyone, I just joined and don’t have a whole lot of experience with tortoises. I have a yearling Moroccan Greek and he acts normally and has a great appetite, but I’ll see him sneezing almost daily and every now and then I’ll see a little snot bubble but it doesn’t persist. What is the ideal temp and humidity range? I’ve always heard hot and dry. Temps are low 100’s on the hot end to upper to mid 80’s on the cooler side. Humidity is in the teens to mid 20’s. Thank you
That’s too hot especially for a young tortoise. My Moroccan babies thrives around 70-85 degrees indoors. They also develop better with higher humidity.

In captive raising of young Testudo and other species, most developed better, smoother shell growth in closed chamber enclosures with humidity above 50%.

You’ll want to keep an eye on the sneezing. If it continues with the bubbling, you’ll need to consider a vet visit and possible antibiotics.