Zoe my new Leopard

Cindy Rademaekers

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern PA
Hi,

I just got a baby Leopard a few days ago from Ricky Green in TX. I've had Russians for years but wanted something big to cruise around the yard. I actually wanted to get a larger one to start but those were out of my price range so I got a baby. It's a little more work for now but babies are cute and she will be raised correctly.

Her name is Zoe and she is about 12 weeks. She has an indoor and outdoor enclosure. She will spend most of her time outside but will come in at night or when I have to leave the house until she is bigger. She is just do small right now! I'll post some pics of her and her outside set up. Inside she was a 40 gallon breeder.

20160527_162320_001-1-1.jpg 20160527_162141.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

Your tort is so cute :) It looks like its had a very good start :)

Let me direct you to some reading for his care. It's written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from many pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

How to raise a healthy Sulcata
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.78361/

For those who have a young Sulcata (also applies to Leopards)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Cindy Rademaekers

5 Year Member
Eastern PA
20160528_130135.jpg This is her outside enclosure for now. Once she is big enough she will have full access to the yard. We have a half acre and three quarters of it is fenced in. We just used cinder blocks ( the thin kind) and we had some slate so I layed that on top to create a bit of an over hang all the way around. That way she always has shade and also a hide.

Cindy Rademaekers

5 Year Member
Eastern PA
Thank you! I've read the above articles a couple times already. ☺ They were very helpful and we are doing our best to create a monsoon season for her here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice-looking little baby!

Kasia

Poland
View attachment 175316 This is her outside enclosure for now. Once she is big enough she will have full access to the yard. We have a half acre and three quarters of it is fenced in. We just used cinder blocks ( the thin kind) and we
had some slate so I layed that on top to create a bit of an over hang all the way around. That way she always has shade and also a hide.

Beautiful baby - no worries she will grow in no time. You enclosure looks very nice but only one thing worries me - Zoe is so small and bird predators can still be a hazard for her. I would consider some chicken wire on top for a cover. Good luck :)