Zoo Med Habba hut

Kori5

Hello :). I ordered one of this a few days ago and was all excited for its arrival but today while searching the net I came to some threads on various forums. People stated that their habbas are made from cedar wood which is known as toxic to reptiles. Does anyone else have this stuff? Should I be concerned?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
51h2yfQftxL._SX425_.jpg

Quite a few of us use these for hiding places. I'm pretty sure they're kiln dried so that the oils won't be a bother to your tortoise.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd bury it at least 50% into the substrate and then dig out the center portion for my tort. this way it will sit lower and reduce any flipping chances.

Kori5

I'd bury it at least 50% into the substrate and then dig out the center portion for my tort. this way it will sit lower and reduce any flipping chances.
I will do that, thanks :). I was worried about him climbing on it and flipping. He is pretty light, 700 g and is an good climber, never seen him flipp but I want to be on the safe side.

Kori5

It is smaller than I thought but he loves it :D. I buried it to make it stabile. He can't fit under so he uses it for climbing.