1.5 year olds taking off!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Here is a picture of my son holding two of our 1.5 year old sulcatas who are now exploding with growth. It's amazing to watch how fast they are growing. Future dinosaurs in the making :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1396218336.195693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks! It's amazing to watch them be little lawn mowers already lol

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
thanks everyone. They are enjoying a nice stretch of good weather and plenty of GREEENNNNN to munch on

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
All three are nice looking, specially the one in the center.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
lol thanks. He loves his tortoises. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
diamondbp said:
lol thanks. He loves his tortoises. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

Well, you do need him to take care of those two 40, 50, 60, 80 years from now. Those two are going to out live every one of us.

It is a good idea to get them start early. Great thinking! ! ! !

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Good lord! What do you feed them that they are that big at a year and a half? This may sound horrible, but I hope mine do not grow that well, lol. Mine are 9 months old and the biggest is just under 350 and the smallest just hit 175. I cant have five that big in less than a year from now. What do they eat, Hulk grass?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I honestly don't think they are growing faster than most. I've seen some mind blowing growth rates on this forum! They turn two years old in August. The oldest of the three hatched the day before Hurrican Isaac (his name is St.Isaac). I feed them a typical diet of grass/weeds/clover/dandelion/various lettuces/kale/ & mazuri. I don't even supplement them. They have doubled in size in the last 4 months or so. It's been remarkable to witness. This was only two of the three I have that age. I suspect they are all males and they all get along well but I will be rehoming two of them soon. One is going to a brother, the other to a close friend. From now on I will aim to incubate all my eggs for females.

Thanks again for the compliments. I owe alot of it to this forum