1 mvb and 1 heat lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
I have the Megaray 120 watts MVB with the Exo Terra glow lamp for my tortoise table on one end. Should I also add another heat bulb which I have lying around in say the middle section of the tortoise table? The table is 4 feet in length so I know I have room to put two lamps and still have a good heat gradient. Please advise.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern cal.
Hey samstar. I dot have stars,but I think even a100w mvb would be good enough for any small tort.
It also depends how high you have the light from the substrate. Check your temps and if thy meet the requirements,then the tort should be able to regulate its own temps.

Also, for mvbs, they cannot be set at an angle.the need to face the substrate completely

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Stars do like warm day time temperatures, but not really bright light when young. If you want to raise the temperature with another light thats fine, just make sure to give plenty of spots to get out of the light and stay warm.

Danny

samstar

5 Year Member
Ok noted guys. I just thought since his enclosure is 4 feet in length, he might not be able to make his way everytime he feels cold which is why add another heat lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.