10th Annual Symposium on the Conservation and Biology of Tortoises and Freshwater Tur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Anyone going to this?

Seems similar to the TTPG conference. My interest is sparked, I think I will attend.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
When and where? Is there an itinerary?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sorry, I thought I posted the link.

http://turtlesurvival.org/get-involved/conference

Looks like it's $200 for a non-member...a little pricey. I might hold off to see if I can get some more information about the event.

The specifics are a little vague. From what I see there are a few speakers, some field trips planned, a live auction, vender booths, and possibly some break out sessions? Seems like it has potential to be worthwhile. An average of 200 people seems like a good chelonian event. This is the 10th symposium, has anyone here been to the previous ones?

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Neal said:
Sorry, I thought I posted the link.

http://turtlesurvival.org/get-involved/conference

Looks like it's $200 for a non-member...a little pricey. I might hold off to see if I can get some more information about the event.

The specifics are a little vague. From what I see there are a few speakers, some field trips planned, a live auction, vender booths, and possibly some break out sessions? Seems like it has potential to be worthwhile. An average of 200 people seems like a good chelonian event. This is the 10th symposium, has anyone here been to the previous ones?

I attended in both 2006 and 2007. I gave a presentation on I.forstenii at the 2007. You will hear about the most up to date information about chelonians out there. Plenty of books for sale. So many people to meet as well. I met Rick Hudson, Hugh Quinn, and Dwight Lawson there, others to. Dr. Peter Pritchard was at the 2007 conference but I did not meet him. Remember he wrote the paper about the genus Indotestudo and how there are three full species, validating forstenii as a species. I did not stay for the whole event either year. I did get a private tour of the Atlanta Zoo herpetarium in 2007.
I would stongly urge you to attend if you can. I have been a TSA member for ten years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.