15 Years isn't Long Enough

Anastasia 22

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Rocket is still with me but the dementia has gotten worse. He gets confused and lost more often. But in his good moments it's like he's a teenager again and goes after Cowbird relentlessly and runs with the big dogs. He has taken to sleeping with his tongue hanging out a little. Took this picture a little bit ago View attachment 370415
Poor baby...That's so heartbreaking

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Rocket is a very lucky little dog! To have known such love and comfort and great times for so long...wow.😀

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Greetings from my Rocket. i didn’t name him (it doesn't suit him at all!) but he had enough issues going on when I got him I did t want to add a name change on top of it.

my other dog Fredo is definitely having signs of dimentia, it’s very hard

Attachments

• 323E5A21-8F09-42EA-9E5D-C71B17CFF095.jpeg
    323E5A21-8F09-42EA-9E5D-C71B17CFF095.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Sadly we had to say goodbye to our kitty Polly. She had a good 19 year run.
She had pancreatic cancer and some dementia. In the end she was unable to keep food or water down. 9360.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
An update on Rocket. He hasn't gotten any worse. He's still eating fairly good but some days he doesn't eat anything. This morning he had a meal of ground chuck and some Retriever canned food. Tonight he gave me this look KIMG3396~2.JPGSo I fixed him another plate of the same KIMG3399~2.JPGHe cleaned the plate and then wanted to set on my lap for a few minutes. I had to get up so I put him in the chair to my left and he immediately went back to sleep KIMG3400~2.JPGThe dementia is not noticable all the time, if I notice he's lucid at anytime during the day that's when I offer food and treats. It's been working so far. He also drinks water on his own.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I should add he is not coherent most of his waking hours which is not many hours during the day. He sleeps most of the time. He sometimes gets lost in the kitchen and will freeze up when he gets confused. I have a large kitchen with a lot of obstacles for him to maneuver around. Four tables, a love seat, 7 table chairs and a rocking chair and other things. I keep a close eye on him inside and especially when he's outside.