1st time outside for Chewy Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
We made a new little outdoor enclosure with Pio's old one....the Christmas tree storage bin....for Chewy. The plants still haven't grow since we haven't gotten too much sun here lately....rain..rain..rain. I put a couple of bugs around for her to find. She was loving it. I don't know if it was her first time outside, but it is the first time with us. The sun was out for a little bit.

020-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

011-3.jpg

016-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

Back inside..go to bed Chewy Bug
007-5.jpg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
wow i love his/her eyes. Box turtles are fun to keep, i always enjoyed them.. they also have a whole different attitude when they are outside, lol.. .He looks like hes on the prowl hunting those bugs

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh Terry I always love your posts and pictures. The last one is priceless. His enclosure looks great like a jungle for her to hide in. How's does your grandson like taking care of her? Is he learning a lot? Thanks for the pictures. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thanks guys...
Candy, my grandson is with me every day, and helps me with my animal gang. When he was a baby, I would hold him over the big pond, and he would feed a worm to my water turtles. He is always hunting for worms and slugs in the compost pile for Chewy, Pio and Izzy. My son calls him "turtle boy". It is funny....when some of my family comes over and he shows them Chewy Bug, he always tells everyone "that is my boxie that Yvonne gave me." Then they say.....who is that? lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Even though I incubated for female, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Chewy Bug doesn't turn out male. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it.

Great pictures. He always makes me laugh! I love those eyes. The last picture is especially cute.

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm may be all wet, but its the eyes.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwww Chewy Bug is just absolutely gorgeous - those eyes, my goodness. if he gave me those eyes, I would give him anything he wanted...."yes Chewy my darling, you can have 6 worms, what you want more, ok more for you" hehe. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.