2 together

Minimoomin

Hi can 2 leopards be kept together? They are a year old. Someone is selling them and will not separate them as always been together. Also is diet for them a lot different from a horsefields ?

Minimoomin

That's what I thought, the crazy lady won't separate them as she thinks it would be crawl. I won't be buying them as wouldn't be able to separate them just yet.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would be ok for you to take both of them and keep them together. But you have to be very alert and if you notice one is growing more than the other, or if one seems to be hiding more than the other, you'll need to separate them into two habitats.

You can feed them the same as a Horsefields.

Minimoomin

Thank you everyone just don't want the same problem I had with my 2 horse fields

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why can't you just buy them and house them in separate enclosures?

Are they males or females? Grown up or babies?

I have two different pairs of adult female leopards that are both in separate quarantine areas right now. Two pairs of pairs. They are doing fine but I soak them regularly and make sure each one is getting its share of food. Females can sometimes get along for a while. I intend to incorporate these new girls into groups after quarantine, but for now they are doing fine. I don't generally like the practice of keeping tortoises in pairs, but sometimes it is necessary and can work. I would not do this with a male/female or a male/male pair. Two females are usually going to be okay, but not always...

Minimoomin

Don't know if male or female, they are only 12 months. I only have more of everything they need in there habitat, if I got them would need to make sure I have a spare of everything ready I case they needed separating.

Minimoomin

Ok so against my better judgement I'm getting them on Friday, so will have a few days to get another indoor and outdoor enclosure just incase. Any tips anyone can give me on these species?

Minimoomin

Thank you. I'm going to be doing lots of research between now and Friday. I'm so excited.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California