27g at 3 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveTilWeLaugh

5 Year Member
mctlong said:
jpmcclure said:
LiveTilWeLaugh said:
I really urge you to reconsider your choice to not take them to the vet. Scooter was my baby and I miss him dearly. Please read through Scooter's story http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-54042.html#axzz29UzSYOnC and hopefully this will make you think twice. Scooter acted completely normal, he ate, he slept, he bathed a LOT. He acted completely normally until the day he died. The only hint was that he was so small.

I still think about scooter Liv. And he wasn't even mine. I still loved him and followed his story closely.

Me too. I was really bummed when he passed.

Thank you guys, he was a much loved little boy.

DanieltheAnvil said:
Im taking a stool sample to the vet to check for worms. if they find something I'll continue the process. I'm not disregarding that. They seem to be happy and healthy and a stool sample will help confirm or bring up other concerns. Thanks so much for your concern though guys and I'll keep you updated. they are eating pooping and gaining grams so thats a good sign.

Sounds like a plan :) Please keep us updated on how they are doing! :D

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
jpmcclure said:
I still think about scooter Liv. And he wasn't even mine. I still loved him and followed his story closely.

I also think of little Scoot all the time. Hope you are doing well now.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
So got back the stool sample results for Doolin and Cork and they did have an early case of worms. Picking up the medicine today. They were runts to begin with then worms probably didnt help much. The good news is they seem completely healthy otherwise and will continue to grow to be big torts! their parents are both over 100lbs and still have years to grow. so I'm excited.

Thanks for the concerns everyone. this forum is great and full of friendly, knowledgeable and caring people.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm so overjoyed! Thanks for being a caring parent. Now, with the worms getting out of the way, maybe those torts will thrive and be well. Love to hear it!!!

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Thanks for the update. I am curious to know what medicine was prescribed for you tortoise's deworming?

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
the medicine is pyrantel. I have to give it to them orally which is posing a little bit of a problem. any tips on getting a hatchling to cooperate? haha one dose today and another in 2weeks.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
DanieltheAnvil said:
the medicine is pyrantel. I have to give it to them orally which is posing a little bit of a problem. any tips on getting a hatchling to cooperate? haha one dose today and another in 2weeks.

I put the dosaage on a couple of moist Mazuri pellets and my tortoise ate it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.