3 level Tort complex

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
So the wife and I have begun on the new tort complex. Home Depot ran out of melamine wood, so we using plywood again. It's 1/2in thick. The length is 8x3 and the height is 6ft. I will update as the build goes

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Several issues we encountered, but we have a steady pace going. Back walls are going up, then the details inside and then front panel and lights. Hopefully, another 2hrs max.

Attachments

• 20191114_172903.jpg
    20191114_172903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So the wife and I have begun on the new tort complex. Home Depot ran out of melamine wood, so we using plywood again. It's 1/2in thick. The length is 8x3 and the height is 6ft. I will update as the build goes
Cool, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Single 3 level Tort house. Ok, so we have to take it apart and rebuild. Because of the size, have to make it more structurally sound. I will be getting new plywood today, but won't begin again until Monday. Have a family reunion this weekend and 2 bday parties to attend.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Update:

It's 90% complete. I ordered a new dome for the basking bulb that goes with the Russian tort. Panels are up and sealed the seams. The redfoots can move in tomorrow. Gideon the rt, have to cut down his front panel. Too high for my wife. Final step is the front doors for the reds. Have the lexicon cut already, just need to make the frame and drill them.