Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
O yea I have that much stashed away in my little pink piggy bank...No permit so I guess I will keep saving...:p

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm good for 1/100. Who else is in?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Just take a look at Greg's (ALDABRAMAN) set-up! That is the bare minimum of what you would need space-wise! And this guy was asking $225K a year ago!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was told that this group is misrepresented

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Would Love To Hear Who Buys Them!
& How Is It Misrepresented?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
dmmj said:

I was told the same thing...but got no details! Unless I get specifics...I have to pass it off as rumor! If I had the bread...and the space, I'd likely take the herd...just because they're big Galaps...I don't give a sh*t about breeding. On the other hand, if I had that kinda money...I'd have the largest Ivory herd EVER...not to mention a white lion or two...and a pair of Komodos...etc, etc;)

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
If I Had The Money, Id Just Get Two Sulcata's, One Albino!
Two Galop.
Two Aldbra
:)
Lots Of Acres

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
dmmj said:
OllieInAZ said:
dmmj said:

How so?
I was told they are not breeders

Likewise! The males are supposedly not living up to their end...maybe that would change under better conditions (Greg...instead of a Ferrari, maybe you could do this herd some justice);)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Trust me if I had the money and space I would definitely buy them then maybe hire aldabraman as a consultant and start to try and breed them. But I would need actual proof that they were breeders to pay that price.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
DeanS said:
dmmj said:
OllieInAZ said:
dmmj said:

How so?

Likewise! The males are supposedly not living up to their end...maybe that would change under better conditions (Greg...instead of a Ferrari, maybe you could do this herd some justice);)

LOL, Well, in my opinion/experience they are over priced and far away from breeding age/size etc.

dmmj said:
Trust me if I had the money and space I would definitely buy them then maybe hire aldabraman as a consultant and start to try and breed them. But I would need actual proof that they were breeders to pay that price.

That was nice, thank you.

I only know of two people that are currently producing Galops and in low numbers and they are both in Florida.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
ALDABRAMAN said:
DeanS said:
dmmj said:
OllieInAZ said:
dmmj said:

How so?

LOL, Well, in my opinion/experience they are over priced and far away from breeding age/size etc.

I hadn't thought of them being to small, but it makes sense.
dmmj said:

I only know of two people that are currently producing Galops and in low numbers and they are both in Florida.

Maybe it is the florida weather or something in the water?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dmmj said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
DeanS said:
dmmj said:
OllieInAZ said:

I hadn't thought of them being to small, but it makes sense.
dmmj said:

Maybe it is the florida weather or something in the water?

I'd guess the weather/climate would be key...where else is there anyone successfully breeding Galaps?

Seems like I heard about someone in Hawaii with some success, but I may be misremembering...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Terry Allan Hall said:
I'd guess the weather/climate would be key...where else is there anyone successfully breeding Galaps?

Seems like I heard about someone in Hawaii with some success, but I may be misremembering...

I would think he would have a very hard time breeding these animals. Besides being on fire right now, Portal AZ is in the 4,000 to 5,000 elevation range. The seller says they get below freezing all the time during the winter. Wouldn't surprise me at all if these are misrepresented.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Neal said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

I would think he would have a very hard time breeding these animals. Besides being on fire right now, Portal AZ is in the 4,000 to 5,000 elevation range. The seller says they get below freezing all the time during the winter. Wouldn't surprise me at all if these are misrepresented.

Arizona would not be my first choice for emulating the natural environment of the Galapagos Islands...otoh, southern Florida and Hawaii seem very likely spots to get 'em to breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.