4 baby sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stoney creek ontario
So I'm getting 4 baby sulcatas I have a couple of 4 foot by 4 foot pens that are not being used should I put them in that or start out with something smaller?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
That's a good start! If you can...combine them! They're gonna need all that space soon enough!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you can control the condition in those, then bigger is better. I start mine in four by four enclosures, but they are closed chambers and it is very easy to maintain the correct environmental parameters. In a normal heated house it will be very difficult to maintain good conditions in an open topped 4x4' table.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
I have my red foots in 3 4x4s all 8 now I do have my top enclosed and it retains a humidity level of 90 or better that should be good to do with my sulcatas now having about 5 4x4s left to use should I do 2 in each 4x4 that's sounds like a better idea what do you think

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I would not do two in each because more than likely one will bully the other. If you split them up, make it three in one and one in the other. I would combine the enclosures to make it larger or just keep the four in one until they get a little larger. That is just my opinion. Others will tell you what works well. Good luck and keep us updated. Pictures are always nice for when you get them! :)

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
Ill post pics after I pick them up tomorrow after I soak and weigh them I think they will like there new 90 percent humidity house.... Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.