: ( : ( : ( : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Some of our babies went to wonderful forever homes today. And even though I know they will be well cared for and will bring much joy to their new families for many decades to come, I still feel SO SAD!!!!! I cried when they left and my husband finds me to absolutely pitiful. Does anyone else have a hard time parting with the little guys, despite knowing its for the best? I also let the new families know about the availability of this forum, as I have enjoyed it so much : ) hopefully we will have some new members soon!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nope...doesn't bother me a bit. The only thing that gets me is the shipping. I'm a nervous wreck until I hear they've reached their destination safely.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Weird, I tried to post on a thread and it took me here... I feel sad whenever I have to give up baby animals, I was heart broken when my hamsters babies went their separate ways.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't cry over it, but I do feel a sense of loss. I invest a lot in my babies. I want them to be perfect, growing smooth, not picky, used to all sort of food, well sunned, well hydrated, well exercised, etc... When they leave me I feel like I've given away a part of me...

I do share Yvonne's feelings on the shipping. Scares the crap out of me. I see it as a necessary evil. I've shipped a lot of tortoise babies and only ever had a few minor problems that resulted in no harm, but it is worrisome.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If I ever breed any tortoises, I think it will be very hard to part with them...

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
That is why I don't think I will ever breed I would just keep them ALL... lol

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
After all my years of breeding its still sad for me to see them go. Not to the point of crying, just sad. Like Tom said, I invest a lot of my time and energy into the torts so its hard not to feel something. At the same time though it makes me happy to see people so excited about getting their torts!

Status
Not open for further replies.