8months temps & humidity

Carinneagain

Location (City and/or State)
North Idaho
I have an 8months old sulcata and unclear of temp and humidity. Especially at night. His UVB and heat lamp are to be off at night? If so..... how am I to keep the temp and humidity during the night? I’ve just read so much mixed info on this and have found this forum and would rather just ask and receive answers here. Thank you oh and I can never keep his water dish warm enough. I touch it and it just seems too cold after a couple hours.

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Basking light should be around 95 - 100F. Day and night time temperatures should be around 80F on the cool end. Humidity is also at 80%. Those figures become less stringent once they become adults with outdoor enclosures.

A thermostat controller is what you need to help maintain proper temperature levels. Some people would place a heating pad under their water dishes in an effort to keep their water warm. I don't do this.

Carinneagain

North Idaho
Basking light should be around 95 - 100F. Day and night time temperatures should be around 80F on the cool end. Humidity is also at 80%. Those figures become less stringent once they become adults with outdoor enclosures.

A thermostat controller is what you need to help maintain proper temperature levels. Some people would place a heating pad under their water dishes in an effort to keep their water warm. I don't do this.
My tank is definitely not humid enough. Do I just mist the bedding with warm water every so offen?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
My tank is definitely not humid enough. Do I just mist the bedding with warm water every so offen?

Yes you want it damp but not wet. You can mist or pour a jug of water and then mix the substrate up to get the necessary results.

Some people also dunk the hides their tortoises use.