A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas724

5 Year Member
I'm new to the forum with a new Leopard Tortoise. I've been reading most of the posts but wanted to ask a few specific questions.

How often should you feed an ~8 month old tortoise? Just once a day or maybe more?

I've been soaking everyday for about 10-15 mins. Should I do it more often? or cut back to every other day and lengthen the soaks/bathes to 20 mins.

Thanks.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome....does your little guy have access to free grazing or are you currently the only source of food? if he free grazes then I would maybe offer food a couple of times a day, what ever he can eat... if you are the only food sources I would offer him food 3 or 4 times and let him eat as much as he wants...

soaking is good each day for approx 20 minutes and he should have a water dish (big enough to walk into and out of easily himself, not too deep)

These are my opinions and I am sure you will find it helpful as others give you their opinion as well :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome I feed mine twice a day but they can graze all day as well your soaking is good :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I only feed my guys once a day, but they live outside 24/7 and have access to graze when ever they want. If yours won't have acces to graze then you may want to offer food several times a day until you know it's eating habit's.

I think you are okay with the daily soaks but increase the time to 15-20 minutes per soak.

So basically I am in agreement with Angela...:D:D

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Personally Feed Once A Day, But My Little Guy is Out All Day and Gets To Graze If Needed :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacob said:
I Personally Feed Once A Day, But My Little Guy is Out All Day and Gets To Graze If Needed :)

This is a good feeding plan I think. I'm pretty much the same except I do two feedings a day.

I think the soaking once a day is pretty good.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
hey well i have two leopards tho there not old enough to graze. i only soak them once a week, fed 2 bowls a day ( between them). i soak for roughly 30 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.