Status
Not open for further replies.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore MD
Hi guys! :D
Couple questions..
Bathes.. how long and often should I be soaking my baby? I've read everyday or every other day? Which do you prefer? I only fill the water up to his belly, temp is warm but not to warm ;) Is that ok?

Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix

Has or does anyone used the above to feed their shelly family members? Or would recommend one over another? I would really like to grow the right kind of foods for my little one and wanted to double check before I ordered ;)

I've read that clover and dandelions are great for grazing, which I have plenty of already growing, is this a food that can be ate everyday (along with others) or should I limit?

Would a baby do well with a few hours of outside time or should I keep him indoors until he bulks up? I would need to get an outside setup for him, since I'm afraid of birds/animals getting him.

Last question for now.. I'm sure Ill be back 10x's today with 20 more! :D

Thanks guys!! :) Please feel free to add other tid bits, I welcome any and all advise!

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I soaked every day, now i try to but it doesnt always happen. I noticed they pooped every day and would eat better, with a daily soak. Make sure to dry them before you put them back in.. I make tort burritos with them..haha

The seeds, you can get that, i bought white clover seeds from home depot and dichondra. The sprouts are there favorite! I would go to the 99 cent store get the planter bottoms. the ones that the potted plant set on to hold water... and poke holes in the bottom, fill with topsoil and seed them. In two weeks you should have nice sprouts and they will devore them in a few days. you can then plant more than one or outside...

Or get the local nursery tray, left over ones are free some times and use them....

i have pic of them if you want to see what i am talking about

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I would soak about every other day. I will leave mine in for 15 minutes or so, unless they get restless and start pacing around the tub. They like to stretch out and just sit there in the warm water for a while.

You should get the little guy outside during the day when possible, even for an hour or two. The sun does wonders for them and they like to roam and eat too.

Glad to hear your little one is doing well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.