A Huge Thank You!

axeman25

Location (City and/or State)
Central Michigan
Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a minute and just let everyone here know how much it really means that you take the time to answer peoples questions! I have spent A LOT of time here over the last couple weeks reading through the 154 some odd pages of threads. I read many of them and I must say that you guys are way more patient with us newbies than I would ever be. I noticed many post with titles like: "Newbie, please help!" and "What do I need to keep the tortoise I just bought in?" and realized that you guys spend a lot of your time answering the same questions over and over (I am very guilty of this). I'm not trying to call out people for not searching before starting a thread. I am trying to show my appreciation for those that take a minute to patiently answer the same question for the 34th time this week or once again post a link to the care sheet.

I think I know why you do this for us and I'm pretty sure it's not because you love my incredibly long, rambling threads that lead to question after question. IT'S BECAUSE YOU GENERALLY LOVE TORTOISES AND WANT THEM TO GET THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE FROM THEIR OWNERS!

I've seen it in every post. I thought I was pretty well prepared before I found this site and I was horribly wrong. I honestly felt a little beat up at first but I quickly realized how many people who've never had a tortoise will argue back about something that they asked advise on. I hate being wrong, but not so much I would risk my ruskies lives. I'd hate to think of how many tortoises would be in horrible conditions if not for the people here who offer their help and expertise.

The best thing I can tell someone who's just getting involved with these wonderful animals and may feel a little slighted by someone 2,000 miles away telling them to do something different than they have been or being concerned with something that you hadn't even asked about in your post is: Just let it roll off your back. These people are concerned about the health and well being of an animal that you are unsure how to take care of or needed advise/information from. They have successfully done this for years, have become VERY good at it, and are also trying to save us money and heartache by helping us do things the proven way that had maybe caused them money and heartache when they started.

So, once again, thank you all for taking time to share your knowledge, advise, horror stories, and triumphs with all of us stubborn newbies!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I also appreciate reading & learning from others. You can research & read about tortoises, but this forum does give you great input, advice, I love to see pictures, and just learn overall. I made many mistakes raising my torts, but I'm always willing to listen to the knowledge of tort keepers who have many years of experience. I want the healthiest torts possible so they will live with my family & I throughout my life!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We don't do it for the love, it is for the faboulous prizes.... wait no prizes, ok then the respect..... again no respect?ok maybe we should re-examine oour lives.
Wait we do it because we have no life, that's it. :)
Perhaps it is because we remember being new ourselves, not having the forum, or even the net.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a minute and just let everyone here know how much it really means that you take the time to answer peoples questions! I have spent A LOT of time here over the last couple weeks reading through the 154 some odd pages of threads. I read many of them and I must say that you guys are way more patient with us newbies than I would ever be. I noticed many post with titles like: "Newbie, please help!" and "What do I need to keep the tortoise I just bought in?" and realized that you guys spend a lot of your time answering the same questions over and over (I am very guilty of this). I'm not trying to call out people for not searching before starting a thread. I am trying to show my appreciation for those that take a minute to patiently answer the same question for the 34th time this week or once again post a link to the care sheet.

I think I know why you do this for us and I'm pretty sure it's not because you love my incredibly long, rambling threads that lead to question after question. IT'S BECAUSE YOU GENERALLY LOVE TORTOISES AND WANT THEM TO GET THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE FROM THEIR OWNERS!

I've seen it in every post. I thought I was pretty well prepared before I found this site and I was horribly wrong. I honestly felt a little beat up at first but I quickly realized how many people who've never had a tortoise will argue back about something that they asked advise on. I hate being wrong, but not so much I would risk my ruskies lives. I'd hate to think of how many tortoises would be in horrible conditions if not for the people here who offer their help and expertise.

The best thing I can tell someone who's just getting involved with these wonderful animals and may feel a little slighted by someone 2,000 miles away telling them to do something different than they have been or being concerned with something that you hadn't even asked about in your post is: Just let it roll off your back. These people are concerned about the health and well being of an animal that you are unsure how to take care of or needed advise/information from. They have successfully done this for years, have become VERY good at it, and are also trying to save us money and heartache by helping us do things the proven way that had maybe caused them money and heartache when they started.

So, once again, thank you all for taking time to share your knowledge, advise, horror stories, and triumphs with all of us stubborn newbies!

very well said. I feel the same way. I hate asking a million and one questions and I do try to search first. but sometimes searching confuses me more. I respect the people on here and value what they have to say. Thank you for posting this. :)

Heather H

N.E. ohio
We don't do it for the love, it is for the faboulous prizes.... wait no prizes, ok then the respect..... again no respect?ok maybe we should re-examine oour lives.
Perhaps it is because we remember being new ourselves, not having the forum, or even the net.

i respect you :p and the prize is us newbies doing right by our babies :)

axeman25

Central Michigan

The problem I usually have is the more I read while searching for answers, the more questions I think of.