A New Hatchling

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
How is the hatchling doing that you found a year or 2 ago?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
How is the hatchling doing that you found a year or 2 ago?
It was 2 years ago and he is doing fine. Here's a pic from just a few minutes agoPicture 002.jpg I brought him in and weighed him 1 pound 6 oz and 6 inches. Thanks for asking because when I went to get him I noticed the adult female wasn't in her crock, When I found her she was nesting in a dark corner of the pen. a couple pics to show why I didn't notice herPicture 004.jpgPicture 003.jpgI'll leave these eggs where they are for now. But i will remove some of the weeds and cactus around them.

Len B

10 Year Member!
The new baby is doing good. He hung at 18 grams longer than I expected. But today he weighed in at 30 grams. The air temp is 84 and the ground temp is 81 at 90% humidity. Holding these settings as constant 24-7 as possible. He's still hiding most of the time but venturing out a little more as time passes.Picture 002.jpgHe does self soak in the little saucer every now and then. To heat the air I have a hot rock a golden rod and a piece of flex watt hanging high above where he can't touch them. The total wattage of all 3 is 24 watts. Underneath the enclosure I have one of my home made ceramic heating pads adjusted to hold a constant soil temp.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I named this one Lyric and is coming along fine. Started out at 18 grams and in a little more than 2 months is up to 54 grams. Every morning I give it fresh greens from the yard and mazuri. This morning I saw a fresh dead adult female cricket in the cricket jar so i offered it to her. Something I've never done before. T he first thing eaten was the cricket.Picture 001.jpgI hope it's a female.

TaylorTortoise

Abington

Attachments

• 3D71E51C-EEDD-4347-86F8-DE865A7A0563.png
    3D71E51C-EEDD-4347-86F8-DE865A7A0563.png
    730.3 KB · Views: 6