A New Outdoor Enclosure for 1yr Old Elongated Tortoise

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I just finished an outdoor enclosure for my 1yr old Elongated Tortoise. The plants include Boston Fern, Plantain and Dandelion, which need to grow a bit. I included a small amount of shade cloth to keep the high heat and UV down here in South Florida. The top screen panels came out nice and predator proof. I think our little "Palmer" is happy based on his/her recent photo attached. The enclosure is 13ft x 4ft and attaches to my Burmese Star tortoise enclosure. I have a tortoise sanctuary happening in the back yard.

IMG_2286.jpgIMG_2281.jpgIMG_2284.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So nice. Great enclosure design. If I ever move to a more humid area this is the first new species I will acquire. That is a beautiful tortoise. Something about them is just so appealing to me.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
So nice. Great enclosure design. If I ever move to a more humid area this is the first new species I will acquire. That is a beautiful tortoise. Something about them is just so appealing to me.
Thank you Tom. Yes, the Elongated tortoise is such a wonderful species with a lot of character. Not shy at all, much like the Burmese Star tortoise I purchased from you back in 2018.

This is our 6 y/o Burmese Star enclosure (250 SqFt). He's under the Boston Fern, his favorite spot.

IMG_2213 (1).jpg IMG_2214.jpg