A Peculiar and Perplexing Puzzlement

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That tooth does not display as OLD. It appears to retain the fiberous attachments below the gumline.

Does it look that way to you too??
I agree that it is not old. I just looked at it with a magnifying glass and saw several very tiny "threads". When I pulled on one, it was attached to that root area. So every last bit of tissue is not gone.
I have no idea how long Ruger had it in his mouth, so maybe he chewed most off, but I suspect he didn't have it very long.
I fear that I will never know for absolutely sure where it's from. 🙂

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I cannot believe how big those little puppies got!
Ah yes! And he's only 8.5 months old. These dogs aren't considered adults until they're 3! They're supposed to stop getting bigger and filling in around age 2. He'll definitely be a BIG boy! :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ah yes! And he's only 8.5 months old. These dogs aren't considered adults until they're 3! They're supposed to stop getting bigger and filling in around age 2. He'll definitely be a BIG boy! :D
He's adorable and I bet he'll be a lovely guy 🥰 when he's grown.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He's adorable and I bet he'll be a lovely guy 🥰 when he's grown.
I got Mr Fre about the same time you kept Ruger. Mr Fre is 7 months now. He's a small dog but Google still says he'll be about 3 before he settles down into his adult life. Aren't they something else?😉😜