A TFO Thanksgiving

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Glad this thread ended up being a success :)
Now break is over, back to real life. But from Friday to yesterday we spent decorating for Christmas! Like out tree (fake this year) went up Friday! that was fast!
I'm curious, if I made a thread like this for the holidays (not specifically Christmas) would that be against anything? It wouldn't be about the religion behind holidays just how you're spending them and family and stuff. I'm unsure if that would still be seen as religious or not.
I think a lot of good recipes (mmmm cookies!) would be passed around, and i'd love to see how other people celebrate and decorate (since I mean not everyone is like here where "dreams of a white Christmas/holiday season" are likely)
So if everyone's ok with such a thread I'd love to do it since for my family its one f the biggest family times of the year, and I get to see my lil cousin Kam :)

Prairie Mom

I
Glad this thread ended up being a success :)
Now break is over, back to real life. But from Friday to yesterday we spent decorating for Christmas! Like out tree (fake this year) went up Friday! that was fast!
I'm curious, if I made a thread like this for the holidays (not specifically Christmas) would that be against anything? It wouldn't be about the religion behind holidays just how you're spending them and family and stuff. I'm unsure if that would still be seen as religious or not.
I think a lot of good recipes (mmmm cookies!) would be passed around, and i'd love to see how other people celebrate and decorate (since I mean not everyone is like here where "dreams of a white Christmas/holiday season" are likely)
So if everyone's ok with such a thread I'd love to do it since for my family its one f the biggest family times of the year, and I get to see my lil cousin Kam :)
I really love this idea. Maybe you could start an ongoing Holiday thread. I don't see any harm in posting our traditions and the way we celebrate as long as we are completely INCLUSIVE of everyone else's celebrations. You could keep the thread going to include New Year's Eve and even Chinese New Year in February. The holidays that I know of in the winter are: Hanukkah, St. Nikolaus day--a fav of mine!, St. Lucia Day, Christmas, New Year, Kwanzaa-I want to start celebrating this too!, and Valentines and Chinese New Year in Feb. I really love this idea!!!

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I

I really love this idea. Maybe you could start an ongoing Holiday thread. I don't see any harm in posting our traditions and the way we celebrate as long as we are completely INCLUSIVE of everyone else's celebrations. You could keep the thread going to include New Year's Eve and even Chinese New Year in February. The holidays that I know of in the winter are: Hanukkah, St. Nikolaus day--a fav of mine!, St. Lucia Day, Christmas, New Year, Kwanzaa-I want to start celebrating this too!, and Valentines and Chinese New Year in Feb. I really love this idea!!!

I think a HOLIDAY thread is a good idea, since we all celebrate different ones. :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I think a HOLIDAY thread is a good idea, since we all celebrate different ones. :)
Oh it would definitely be holiday, because I know everyone celebrates different ones and that is completely ok. (I'd only said Christmas in my original question because its the one I celebrate and was using it as an example)