A TFO Thanksgiving

M

Maggie Cummings

I didn't have to set the table. Living alone, I can eat out of the pots off the stove. However, I did dish up a nice plate of turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing and candied yams (on a paper plate) and took it into my bedroom so I could sit in my recliner and read while I ate.

Man 0 man, can I ever make a mess in the kitchen.

trade the yams for a recipe by Dean Koontz for baked corn, and add my scratch apple pie and (for once everything was perfect) even my stuffing which usually sucks. I started at 4:30 am and just now fell away from the table and am gonna break the unwritten rule and put my Homer Laughlin in the dishwasher cuz I'm beat! No hand washing tonight...

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
How was everyone's thanksgiving? Eat enough?
Relatives are leaving... it's early, I feel lucky! :p;)

Prairie Mom

Happy late Thanksgiving, TFO friends!

I loved reading this thread! It was great to share in what everyone was doing, but I admit that I nearly loaded up the car to head on a road trip and kidnap all my favorite TFO friends who were alone or working! Look out, next year!;)

This year, I am so incredibly THANKFUL for my extended family and most importantly...my husband and Children who are my WHOLE LIFE! I am thankful for the joy and personal growth they have given me. I would be half the person I am today if it wasn't for them. I am so grateful for the health and safety of my children. This year we have the best health and the lowest medical bills we have had since adopting four years ago. Also, this year, we were in a pretty bad car accident that totaled our van. We were rear ended and the other vehicle did not even stop as it broke into the back of my van where my 3 daughters were sitting. My babies were saved by nothing but a MIRACLE from my Father in Heaven. It was truly a miracle, even the glass blew OUTSIDE of the vehicle. I am grateful they are safe and in my arms every day. I express this gratitude in prayer every day! I am grateful for our Faith and church. I am grateful for my husband's dependable job security and warm home. We are truly blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holiday Season, my wonderful new friends!!!

Here are some wild turkeys in my front yard:)...
turkey yard.jpg
(Sorry, if you saw that I already posted these in the Garden chat. I wanted to do it again)

2 turkeys.jpg

Here are some wild turkeys IN MY HOUSE :)
small chloe pie.jpg

small alice green beans.jpg

small gretchen pudding.jpg

joseph small turkey.jpg

The rule is everyone must dance, sing, and COOK. We have a great time together:)
small thanksgiving dinner.jpg

p.s. the dog enjoyed some turkey too!
small token.jpg