A very lucky, unlucky box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We would like to introduce you to our new friend Jack! Jack is a male Eastern Box turtle that has had a run of bad luck until recently. He was hit by a car and damaged. He lost one of his back legs and sustained some damage to his bridge. Jack was lucky to be handed over to MATTS for some care and placement. We ran across Jack in an online ad. Jack was located in Baltimore MD. We worked with the adoption lady and arranged a first class Delta flight for Jack to come to Idaho. After an 8 hour journey, he made it here. So, here is Jack!
20091217_9818.jpg

20091217_9819.jpg

20091217_9810.jpg

We are very glad to have Jack. He brought a friend too, but that will be another thread!!:D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
HE'S GORGEOUS.

wow. Such a lucky boy to come live with you two! I'd love to see his enclosure!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So I have to giggle at the vision of him on the first class seat of the Delta flight, ordering some fresh wax worms from the flight attendant!;)

Is the white disc on his plastron there to help him balance while he walks?

Congratulations on your new "acquisition"!

I am sure he is a very grateful soul to have been sent to turtle heaven at your house.:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
despite his injury he looks fantastic, also I have to know how much does a turtle airline ticket cost? Did he have his own seat?

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Wowza,I love his yellowness.
I bet you've been asked this many times,but what camera do you use?

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
He looks amazing! I love his eyes. Can he move around in substrate okay? I'd love to see him walking.

Who gave him the disk?

M

Maggie Cummings

I got a female Eastern box turtle from MATTS also. Ginger has an eye problem and is terrified of people. BUT...she is just as beautiful as Jack and now that I have had her for a few months she's not so afraid of people...

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I also have adopted several EBT's from MATTS. One of my females has a hole in her shell. They had fiberglassed it, which we removed and interestingly found that the shell regrew in a pocket shape into its body. She is fine. Nice looking guy you got there!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
How lucky he is to have found you guys to come live with. Nothing could have been better then that. He is a beautiful Boxie. What colors. I love the one of the Christmas tree in the background. :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Stephanie Logan said:

Yes it is there to help him balance and to protect his plastron from rubbing all the time. :)

dmmj said:
despite his injury he looks fantastic, also I have to know how much does a turtle airline ticket cost? Did he have his own seat?
Flying Delta ran about $75. I am sure he had quite the accomodations. :D

Kayti said:
He looks amazing! I love his eyes. Can he move around in substrate okay? I'd love to see him walking.

Who gave him the disk?

The disc was placed by the lady taking care of him. It will need to be replaced as it wears off. It is held in place by 2 ton epoxy. He seems to get around just fine.

Meg90 said:
HE'S GORGEOUS.

wow. Such a lucky boy to come live with you two! I'd love to see his enclosure!

We agree, he is stunning. He is in a smaller than normal temporary set up to help reduce the stress from shipping and to watch him. He will have quite the luxurious accomodation, just like the rest. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations on the new family member :D Jack is beautiful, I am very glad that he is safe now with you guys, he is going to live a happy turtle life from now on :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Congratulations on the new addition! Jack is very handsome! :)
I love how pretty the lights look in the background.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
That is so neat they have "prosthetics" [the white disc] like that for torts! I had no idea! Congrats on your new addition =] He is a handsome little man!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Who is this Matt person that you guys are speaking of? Is he/it a rescue? Where are they out of?

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
Stephanie Logan said:
So I have to giggle at the vision of him on the first class seat of the Delta flight, ordering some fresh wax worms from the flight attendant!;)

Congratulations on your new "acquisition"!

I am sure he is a very grateful soul to have been sent to turtle heaven at your house.:D

as opposed to Turtle Heaven, the real place, right Stephanie?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mid Atlantic Turtle & Tortoise Society (M.A.T.T.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.