Abandoned hatchling....please help me identify

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Within reason, just put whole leaves and flowers in with him.

Their jaws are amazingly strong, the edges of their mouth plates very sharp...

Plus it gives them some exercise...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thank u all....I have taken a deep breath and am working on relaxing a bit.....he seems to b doing fine and I have heard from so many knowledge people on this forum I feel like we are in good hands....thanks so much for all thr helpful replies. I do have a question regarding food,,,how should I prepare the food? Should I just put a whole flower on his plate or a clump of uncut grass? Or should I be cutting everything into small bite size pieces for him?

I would cut the grass into tiny pieces. He's pretty tiny so I would cut up his weeds a bit too.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Thank u all....I have taken a deep breath and am working on relaxing a bit.....he seems to b doing fine and I have heard from so many knowledge people on this forum I feel like we are in good hands....thanks so much for all thr helpful replies. I do have a question regarding food,,,how should I prepare the? Should I just put a whole flower on his plate or a clump of uncut grass? Or should I be cutting everything into small bite size pieces for him?

I wouldn't worry about cutting up the food. The big tortoise in the sky doesn't cut the food up for his children. As long as they can they can bite into something, they will be able to naturally chop their food. It helps with beak not getting too long, either over or under bite.

There is definitely A LOT of information to digest, but relax and keep learning. You have found a great resource with the people on this site and everyone is always willing to help without judging.