About the progress of my rescue

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Scooter seems to be doing real well. He seems to be happy and gets more comfortable with his environment each day. About his set up: his area is 11 feet long and 4 feet deep, so 44 square feet. He is about 10 inches SCL and about 7 lbs. Is his enclosure a good size for the size he is right now? His ambient temperature is 75 degrees with two basking spots. The basking spots are 95 to 100 degrees. He has a 10.0 flourescent uvb bulb that is 8 inches from the top of his shell at his main basking spot. The floor is covered with rubber mats and he has hay in there as well. Humidity level averages about 40% right now due to the heat running. I soak him once a week. He is eating mostly dandelion greens, mustard greens, and turnip greens with occasional colard greens. He doesn't eat his hay as he should unfortunately. So how does everything sounds d so far?20151118_115505.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I would like to see a different substrate, one you can moisten, maybe only piling up the hay in the corner where he sleeps. I think, even though he's older/bigger, he still needs more humidity in his environment. The size of the habitat is good.