Acceptable Growth?

SPILL

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
2 Paa Both were received on 5/8/19

#1 Hatch date - 2/8 Weight when received - 25.9g Current weight - 40.9g

#2 Hatch date - 3/15 Weight when received - 21.1g Current weight - 28.7g

Do these numbers look ok? Growth is consistent, there has not been a decrease yet from one weighing to the next. Both are more active than anticipated, excellent eaters, and appear bright eyed and healthy. My only concern is that #1 has put on twice the weight as #2.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
To put it in a more friendly manner, good to hear they are healthy, eating and growing. These tortoises will need to have their own enclosures, pairs never work. Have you got any pictures:)

SPILL

Illinois
They were kept together for two weeks when they first arrived as a quarantine/observation period then separated to their individual enclosures. They are together now only for about 30 minutes on nice days when they are outside in a 12'x4' enclosure.

SPILL

Illinois
To put it in a more friendly manner, good to hear they are healthy, eating and growing. These tortoises will need to have their own enclosures, pairs never work. Have you got any pictures:)
I'll try to get some pics up this weekend. I'm at work right now and pics are saved on home PC.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
They were kept together for two weeks when they first arrived as a quarantine/observation period then separated to their individual enclosures. They are together now only for about 30 minutes on nice days when they are outside in a 12'x4' enclosure.
Good stuff, tortoises grow at different rates just like us. Aslong as they are both eating, pooping, walking around and doing tort stuff you don’t need to worry. Also aslong as they are gaining weight (even if it is small) your good to go.

SPILL

Illinois
I'm one of those elusive North American creatures known as man without cell phone so it took me a bit to get some pics. The lighter, flatter one is the younger and the darker, more domed is the elder.

20190725_125147.jpg 20190725_125156.jpg 20190725_125212.jpg 20190725_125216.jpg