Actinemys marmorata

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Hi,

Is here anybody who keeps this species?? I'm looking for contacts of keepers!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Hmm thank you I wrote him. Maybe you also know any "shop" or breeder which has them available? It's really import for us to find this species!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I can think of several sites that sell them, but I'm kind of against live animal websites nowadays... you live in Europe,so I'm really not sure how shipping would work out! :(

M

Maggie Cummings

They are a threatened species in the PNW and Calif. They are well protected here. A great turtle but I doubt you'll find one....

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
Do you need info about them. I see wild ones all the time. I can't help you getting one but I can help with info about them.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Do you need info about them. I see wild ones all the time. I can't help you getting one but I can help with info about them.

Where thank you but information aren't interesting for me.. I need a big quantity of them for an export to Germany.. Maybe you know a reptile shop near to you?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Problem is, they are protected across their range, in except Nevada, where fossil records tell us that any Actinemys there may have been introduced. And the numbers there are few, anyway. On top of them being protected there, they have never been a popular species in the trade, probably because of their drab appearance. I find them to be beautiful turtles, though. Because they are not popular in the trade, they are not bred often in the trade.

When individual people come to their senses and decide they want some of them, they have a very tough time finding any. I have never known of a breeder anywhere in the world producing the number of animals you are looking to purchase. Doesn't mean they're not out there, but it will be an uphill, if not impossible battle, either way.