Adjusting to new enclosure?

fergusaur

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
Hi! I just built my tortoise a new enclosure yesterday and he’s pacing around, stratching at the walls and barely eating. I’m assuming he’s just stressed because he’s in a new environment but I would like some advice just to be sure. He’s never had a strip uvb light before because I have been using a mercury vapor bulb for a year and a half so maybe he’s not used to his new surroundings and lighting? Assuming my assumption is correct, how long will it take for him to adjust to his new enclosure? Any advice would be very helpful

Attachments

• IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No way to know, some adjust to changes like this in a day or two, and others take weeks. One thing you can do is add some hides and potted plants so that the tortoise doesn't feel so exposed and vulnerable.

Looks like the UV tube might be too high. For an Arcadia 12% HO, 18-20 inches is usually about right.

fergusaur

Today is my birthday!
Delaware
No way to know, some adjust to changes like this in a day or two, and others take weeks. One thing you can do is add some hides and potted plants so that the tortoise doesn't feel so exposed and vulnerable.

Looks like the UV tube might be too high. For an Arcadia 12% HO, 18-20 inches is usually about right.
Got it, thank u