Russian Tortoise Observations

Dcatalano

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
We adopted Gabby from my kid’s school. They just couldn’t keep the large enclosure in the classroom due to Covid.
Thanks to all of you, we have begun construction of an outdoor enclosure for him to spend much of the days this summer. It is amazing to see his demeanor change when he’s outside. He’s much more active and explores his surroundings, basks in the sun, burrows in the corners and seems to enjoy the plants and climbing more, even though his new indoor enclosure has a greater variety of options than he previously had.
For those who have an option, I highly encourage you to build a secure space for at least some time outdoors.

Attachments

• B064E8DC-4A78-4C5A-8A6D-AB9DEED0A199.jpeg
    B064E8DC-4A78-4C5A-8A6D-AB9DEED0A199.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 12

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We adopted Gabby from my kid’s school. They just couldn’t keep the large enclosure in the classroom due to Covid.
Thanks to all of you, we have begun construction of an outdoor enclosure for him to spend much of the days this summer. It is amazing to see his demeanor change when he’s outside. He’s much more active and explores his surroundings, basks in the sun, burrows in the corners and seems to enjoy the plants and climbing more, even though his new indoor enclosure has a greater variety of options than he previously had.
For those who have an option, I highly encourage you to build a secure space for at least some time outdoors.
This needs repeating, specially the last line.