Adopting any tortoises that need a home in south Florida

Evansky

Location (City and/or State)
FL
Really! Even with mixing species? I wouldn't recommend just for that alone. Not to mention the fact he ignores the questions about space!
lol cause idk the math on it man it’s my full backyard but listen I’ll get a ruler and get back at you

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The sand is a basking area and also for them to lay eggs if they have too I had some cactuses 🌵 growing there , and the only thing I have mixed is the red foots with the female smaller Sulcatas and everyone’s doing fine they’ve been like that they’re whole lives , I’m sure if this is done wrong chaos would ensue but trust me I know what I’m doing , I’m sure you guys are traumatized by other people before doing all sorts of nutty things but I’m good i know these things 🙂‍↕️
I went to bat for you over the baby Redfoot. But I can't support the Sulcatas with the Redfoot.
I had no idea about that.
It makes me wonder if you've already bitten off more than you can chew?
I personally don't have the space for even a single Sulcata.
It's easy to get in over your head.
I've been there before also.

Evansky

FL
I went to bat for you over the baby Redfoot. But I can't support the Sulcatas with the Redfoot.
I had no idea about that.
It makes me wonder if you've already bitten off more than you can chew?
I personally don't have the space for even a single Sulcata.
I’ve had them for a very long time and they grew up here and they’re girls too so they’re very chill they don’t mess with anybody but they can’t get into the red foot area but the red foot’s can get into the Sulcata area if they want to and they just chill together sometimes , when it comes to babies and young tortoises they are kept away from anything bigger than them . So there’s no chance for them to get hurt

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lol cause idk the math on it man it’s my full backyard but listen I’ll get a ruler and get back at you
A full backyard if it's not an acre or more is not big enough for the tortoises you show.
Maybe you need to open your mind and learn a few things before thinking you know everything! Many members here have more years experience than your age! I think you would do a great service to the tortoise you have to improve their life not shorten it by lack of space!

Evansky

FL
Also idk if you guys have ever been to any zoo or wildlife parks Sulcata are always kept in high numbers in small enclosures mixed with red foots , I’ve literally been to 4 places like this in the last month , I’m not saying it’s right but it happens and these are places charging people money and have the money to give the animals a better life and I don’t see anyone over there complaining

Evansky

FL
lol bruh go to a zoo and look at the tortoise exhibits and get back to me
A full backyard if it's not an acre or more is not big enough for the tortoises you show.
Maybe you need to open your mind and learn a few things before thinking you know everything! Many members here have more years experience than your age! I think you would do a great service to the tortoise you have to improve their life not shorten it by lack of space!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also idk if you guys have ever been to any zoo or wildlife parks Sulcata are always kept in high numbers in small enclosures mixed with red foots , I’ve literally been to 4 places like this in the last month , I’m not saying it’s right but it happens and these are places charging people money and have the money to give the animals a better life and I don’t see anyone over there complaining
Go live in your bathroom with just 3 other humans and see how you like it!
Zoos and don't supply enough room. Come on man! Get real and learn something here!!!

Evansky

FL
Go live in your bathroom with just 3 other humans and see how you like it!
Zoos and don't supply enough room. Come on man! Get real and learn something here!!!
lol that’s what I’m saying , you should go protest at one of them it’ll be more useful than this lol 😂

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm staying out of it and silently wondering why Barb is keeping the argument going.
Chubbs wanted a show, but now out of popcorn and had enough. Also because I can! He responds I will answer. But I am done now, important shows to watch.