Advice desperately needed

Tlynnxx

Location (City and/or State)
Fort McMurray
Hey friends ? I'm just not sure what to do. Me and my son have to leave for a few days and I am not able to bring my babies with me. What do you all do when you leave for a couple days? Can you advise me on with help and without (for future reference). I just want like a good guideline to tell my Mom as she is in bad health and I want to make it easy for her but because my health is bad lately (going for treatment) my brain can't put anything together

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What type of tortoise or turtle

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You reference babies, sounds like more than one. Try to better describe your current set-up, or post pictures, or both.

Also, how long is “a few days”? A long weekend? Teo days, one night....etc.

Sounds like your mom might be present to do at minimum a “safety look/check” ?

Tlynnxx

Fort McMurray
You reference babies, sounds like more than one. Try to better describe your current set-up, or post pictures, or both.

Also, how long is “a few days”? A long weekend? Teo days, one night....etc.

Sounds like your mom might be present to do at minimum a “safety look/check” ?

Yes she will be able to check in thats why I asked in the post. A few means 3 sorry I should have clarified I'm so exhausted.

Oh and they're redfoots (my big girl is a Cherry we think) shes 3 or 4 and then 2 10 week old babies ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can prepare enough food to last the length of time you're going to be gone and store it in the fridge in an air tight container with a tight fitting lid. Place a bucket next to the enclosure so all you mom has to do is lift out the waterer and dump it in the bucket, then have a couple large bottles of water next to the enclosure so she can then refill the waterer without having to take it to the sink. Ask mom to check on the tortoises throughout the day to make sure none of them has tipped on its back. Set the lights on a timer so mom doesn't have to worry about turning them on and off.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
May be an unpopular opinion but tortoises can easily survive a few day vacation. Just feed well before hand and leave them some water. Of course if the power goes out that’s a different story.