Advice needed please

Mandy123

Location (City and/or State)
England
I have read a fair few articles on how to look after your baby sulcatas and they all contradict each other I want to do best by my 2 babies both 6 months old , I was told to use sand from one and then coir soil from another , I have noticed that they never use the hide and are always under the basking lamp , I bath them daily they eat well but won’t touch hay , please if you have any advice I would be so grateful I’m obviously a first time owner and did research but like I say everyone has different opinions . Thanks I’m advance .

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Use this as your guide. Read it threw then ask remaking questions here. Many experienced people to help.

Do not keep them in sand. And never keep pairs houses together.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Two sulcatas or any species should not be housed together. So you need to rehome one or set up another enclosure if you have them together.
Read and follow the info found on this forum. It's the only updated correct info you will find.

Mandy123

England
Oh why was I not told this from the breeder and why is this please I’m actually now buying a larger viv so can keep separated but just wandering why , oh and thanks for reply

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh why was I not told this from the breeder and why is this please I’m actually now buying a larger viv so can keep separated but just wandering why , oh and thanks for reply
Because the breeder wanted to make the sale. Also, not a good breeder seeing they did not tell you the truth.
They can not be together because they are solitary animals. They do not want or need friends or company. One will be the dominant one and will bully the other until illness or possibly death. Some of the bullying is obvious most is not to the new tortoise keeper.

Mandy123

England
Thanku so much This is one topic I have never read up on I have just read a thread from Tom which explained it to me and obviously I need to do the right thing by both and will separate them ASAP I won’t re home one I’m a great believer in an animal in my possession is for life but they will out live me ???

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales