Alcatraz

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438902409.340152.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438902423.126105.jpg

This is one of my yearling EBT box turtles that decided to have its face on milk carton for about a month. I was adding a juvenile pen onto my EBT enclosure and I was just putting the finishing hardware cloth onto the top when I noticed Skittles was missing. Thought she just burrowed in. Nope. Little stinker must of got onto one of the hides and scaled the corner. I looked everywhere. A month later about 10 yards away from the enclosure I spotted her while spraying weeds. Overall she was a little lighter but looked fine. I look into her eye even now and I can see she's planning her next escape! We now call her Alcatraz.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, glad you got her back. So small, I can't believe you seen her. She got the taste of the big world, I'm sure she will try to find a way out again. Ball and chains for her:D

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow, glad you got her back. So small, I can't believe you seen her. She got the taste of the big world, I'm sure she will try to find a way out again. Ball and chains for her:D

Yeah, I felt horrible but completely elated when I found her. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. I've lost a few before that were dug in and a couple days later found them but none like this one. Just thought I would let them get some outdoor sunshine while I worked on their new enclosure. Lesson learned.