ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Re: RE: ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Sulcata_Sandy said:
Look! Aldabra fencing!

I read it and thought you meant two aldabras, actually fencing. Yeah now it's Tiffany' s turn to need sleep. Oh well. Stuff must get done.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
f3ceok.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Say Greg do you ever notice favoring of the coastal Bermuda more in the summer versus winter. Or is there really no difference or change in consumption for the season change. I know Miami/Naples still stays warm, but always wondered if the "winter" shelved hay was not favored as much as the fresh spring-summer hay?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
Say Greg do you ever notice favoring of the coastal Bermuda more in the summer versus winter. Or is there really no difference or change in consumption for the season change. I know Miami/Naples still stays warm, but always wondered if the "winter" shelved hay was not favored as much as the fresh spring-summer hay?

* I feed straight Orchard when i can get it, however O & A is always available (70/30 blend). Bermuda is my last resort choice, hardly ever feed it.

ne9h1t.jpg

fp6ref.jpg

2vsgu54.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, soon, I may just have to look into that. The stuff you get at the pet shops are old. It's been on the shelves for who knows hoe long. When my torts were babies, I use to cut it up small and soak them. Now, they won't touch it. The like the fresh cut stuff. Haha, my torts are a bit spoiled too.

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
tortadise said:

Naples is like an arctic wasteland up there compared to Miami!
Ok not really. To those unfamiliar with Florida: Miami a little further south, on the opposite (east) coast and is usually a little warmer/more humid, I've heard it is because of Miami's proximity to the Gulf Stream, but I don't know if that's true or not. I'm cozy down here about 20 miles south of Miami- like the tortoises I prefer to stay warm and humid. That snow and ice stuff is for the birds.
:p Enjoy your iceboxes gentlemen!

Naples, FL
Temperature
72.1 °F
Feels Like 72 °F

Miami, FL
Temperature
77.3 °F
Feels Like 79 °F

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
In case some don't know it, this is something that tortoises do. They breath into each other's nose. Don't know if that's just a way they communicate with each other, but, I know they do it among the various species too. Greg, how often do you see this happening? Where is Hopie?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Holycow said:
tortadise said:

Naples is like an arctic wasteland up there compared to Miami!
Ok not really. To those unfamiliar with Florida: Miami a little further south, on the opposite (east) coast and is usually a little warmer/more humid, I've heard it is because of Miami's proximity to the Gulf Stream, but I don't know if that's true or not. I'm cozy down here about 20 miles south of Miami- like the tortoises I prefer to stay warm and humid. That snow and ice stuff is for the birds.
:p Enjoy your iceboxes gentlemen!

Naples, FL
Temperature
72.1 °F
Feels Like 72 °F

Miami, FL
Temperature
77.3 °F
Feels Like 79 °F

Bragging is just plain mean:p :D. Most of the rest of us are freezing:p :(

Greg, those pics of the giants and the little soon to be's are just precious. I love how sweet and gentle the big ones look to be with the babes. I would love to know,what the babes are thinking when they see those gigantic legs, heads, bodies:D