ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
sibi said:
What happened to her? Did she try to go under a fence?

* She pushed under the fencing and roamed out into the street. A vehicle then hit her causing that damage to her shell in the previous picture.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Got it. Man, I'm glad she didn't get killed! Yeah, I wouldn't lay eggs either. I'd be too traumatized. I wouldn't feel like I'm in my comfy zone.

ALDABRAMAN said:
sibi said:
What happened to her? Did she try to go under a fence?

* She pushed under the fencing and roamed out into the street. A vehicle then hit her causing that damage to her shell in the previous picture.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Greg, the pic of the Gallops. Is there more fencing there we can't see? Because the fencing we can see, wow, does not look very sturdy to hole them in at all.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Man, I'm glad she didn't get killed. I wouldn't get fertile either with that trams. I wouldn't be in my comfort zone... know what I mean?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
Greg, the pic of the Gallops. Is there more fencing there we can't see? Because the fencing we can see, wow, does not look very sturdy to hole them in at all.

* Yes, that is just a small pen for the colder days allowing them to put them inside the shed for heat during the cold nights. The entire property is surrounded with a heavy duty field type fencing.

sibi said:
Man, I'm glad she didn't get killed.

* Right, could have been way worse!

sibi said:
I wouldn't lay eggs either. I'd be too traumatized. I wouldn't feel like I'm in my comfy zone.

* Might be, hard top say. I have no experience with that species!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tuff in the shade!

2ec3yqb.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ALDABRAMAN said:
sibi said:
Yeah, It looks really strong, was just wondering because my sullies are trying to knock the cement blocks down lol

* LOL, yes it is very strong. Each of those poles have about ten bags of concrete, and three nine gauge tension wires on the bottom portion of the chain link fence. All ties and hog rings are steel.

16bik3q.jpg

* If you notice the wooded block i built in order to keep the gate from swinging both ways, basically it is impossible for the gate to open only one direction, which was strategically done to open only inside. This was because they would just push on the fence and completely twist the latch opening the gate, LOL.

* Here are some pictures i took today, way better visual of the one way block i made. Works really well and very strong. I have found many of times that simple things work much better!

2a80nlg.jpg

149yq9v.jpg

118j61e.jpg

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ALDABRAMAN said:
* I took a picture, see the female on the far left in the picture with the hole in the shell? That is the damage from the crash. This picture is at least three years old. She was actually heeling very nicely.

* Just as a side note, she has laid eggs for the past two years, however no fertility.

2ceye0.jpg

Are those above yours? If yes, you should share more of them :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Yellow Turtle said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
* I took a picture, see the female on the far left in the picture with the hole in the shell? That is the damage from the crash. This picture is at least three years old. She was actually heeling very nicely.

* Just as a side note, she has laid eggs for the past two years, however no fertility.

2ceye0.jpg

Are those above yours?

* They are not!