ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Sesel

Location (City and/or State)
Seychelles
I've seen on the news the U.S is experiencing really cold weather, any idea how cold it was when she was laying?

PS love that sound of the egg coming out :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I've seen on the news the U.S is experiencing really cold weather, any idea how cold it was when she was laying?

PS love that sound of the egg coming out :D

~ We manage our group as to never let them get below 60f if possible, there are occasions when a female has started the laying process and we let her finish. It may get a littler cooler, however we always place her inside the heat after she has laid. Generally they only lay when they are not in the containment pens, meaning it is always above 60f.
IMG_4496.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
During these cold days/nights we do not let them out of what we call the containment pens in order to get them inside easier at night. Many of times they just sit in the sun and soak up the rays. I often sit with them and offer them freshly picked cactus pads. Usually Sampson is always the first to come and get one.
IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Love all of your updates, and this time of year, envious of the lush green grass. Today we have the clear blue skies, not the lush tropical temps or greens of SWFl.