10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
nd37rp.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Not here. We have gotten some rain yesterday and a little today, But nothing like what florida get.

Hey greg, I was clearing some trees to include a highly shaded area in the aldabra enclosure, This also makes the pen much larger by 35 additional feed wide. My dilemma is some of the trees are cedar trees. Do you think they will try to graze on them at all? Ive trimmed them to a canopy heighth of 6 feet of clearance from the ground to the bottom of the first branch. Should I remove the cedar tree entirely, or fo you think they will play no interest in them.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
Not here. We have gotten some rain yesterday and a little today, But nothing like what florida get.

Hey greg, I was clearing some trees to include a highly shaded area in the aldabra enclosure, This also makes the pen much larger by 35 additional feed wide. My dilemma is some of the trees are cedar trees. Do you think they will try to graze on them at all? Ive trimmed them to a canopy heighth of 6 feet of clearance from the ground to the bottom of the first branch. Should I remove the cedar tree entirely, or fo you think they will play no interest in them.

I never dealt with cedar trees, however i have always understood that cedar was toxic to tortoises. Maybe someone can confirm this?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
They are toxic which is why I was wondering. But the toxcity im familiar with is like using cedar mulch. I hate chopping down trees when I dont have too, But I will. Maybe we have good arborist/tortoise expert on the forum.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
They are toxic which is why I was wondering. But the toxcity im familiar with is like using cedar mulch. I hate chopping down trees when I dont have too, But I will. Maybe we have good arborist/tortoise expert on the forum.

I am glad you started another thread, be good to know for sure!