Alexander taking antibiotics like a pro

Location (City and/or State)
Central islip
5CA051E4-9DAE-43DC-8DB4-5031BEF6CD2C.jpeg
Alexander IV went to the vet yesterday, due to her wheezing. She’s now on some medication just to make sure it’s not a respiratory infection, my poor baby☹️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So they don't know if it is an RI but decided to give antibiotics anyway?
Give us a run down and pics of the enclosure, temps, humidity and diet. As mich info as possible of its housing and care, so we can help determine what caused this if he actually has something.
Also tell us the torts symptoms you deen and we may be able to tell if he really needed a vet visit and the treatment. Sometimes the treatment can cause problems.

Central islip
I’m currently in a call so it doesn’t let me take pictures but this is the enclosure 0373311B-E0ED-4CDD-AE21-396DDBE34B36.png
It’s filled with coconut bedding, has a stone feeding plate, a water bowl, African violets, and a hibiscus plant, also with a hide out for her. Her hot spot ranges from high 70s and into the 80s. Her humidity runs from 70%-80%( currently in the 70s). She has uvb and a 125w lamp. Her diet consist of worms, fish, sometimes dog food, calcium powder, mazuri food, fruits( blackberries, blueberries, papaya, mango, bananas, strawberries, melons, a bit of tomatoes), and the veggies(squash, spring mix(no spinach), romaine, pumpkin, endive, carrots, and so on).
The behavior I noticed was this high whistle sound coming from her for a week. It was persistent, I didn’t want to take any chances and she was already due another visit to the vet since it’s been a year since her last visit. They said it could be a respiratory infection in the becoming. They said there was no obstruction to her nostrils.
what sort of problems can this treatment cause?