All good ?

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I went to Home Depot this morning looking for a sealant for the indoor enclosure. They didnt have many different options. I picked this out but want to run it through with you guys here before i use it. If its not right, let me know and i'll order online. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1462381836.771676.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1462381861.731927.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I would think after it dries, and is allowed to air out good, it should be fine. Let's see what others think though.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm sorry but I have a question : how is it mildew resist ? Does it have a fungaside in it ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The only things that really work well for this purpose are non-toxic boat paint, that is meant to be under water, or fiberglass resin.

For an open topped enclosure, regular exterior paint can work, but don't expect to last a long time if its wet all the time.

I used a product called Drylok on my last closed chamber and it seems to be holding up okay, but I haven't peeled away the substrate to check it in months.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
The only things that really work well for this purpose are non-toxic boat paint, that is meant to be under water, or fiberglass resin.

For an open topped enclosure, regular exterior paint can work, but don't expect to last a long time if its wet all the time.

I used a product called Drylok on my last closed chamber and it seems to be holding up okay, but I haven't peeled away the substrate to check it in months.
I've been looking at Drylok that you recommended also. I will most likely be going with that since its been tried

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I just built a new enclosure for our baby. I used spar urethane and I'm giving it a very generous off-gassing period, but I'm actually lining everything but the top of my enclosure with coroplast.