Almost done with my enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I will have pics soon! I just finished staining the wood and only waiting for it to dry. I have all the stuff to put inside. I will have all the stuff in the tub by tomorrow.

Ok here are the pics!

image-3722992833.png

image-3387730926.png

image-2270305402.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It doesn't look very big. Especially being slanted to the bottom. If its as small as it looks, it's going to be hard to give a varied temp. You should put a piece of wood over the hole you cut out and just put up a railing along the edge of the table and make the whole table top the enclosure. Just my opinion. Hope it works out for you. Post pics when it's finished:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is sort of what I have for my baby box turtles. Someone gave me an aluminum framework and the cement mixing tub fits inside it perfectly. I keep them in it outside, so covering it isn't necessary. I just take the hose to it every morning when I refresh the water and feed them. (I drilled some small drain holes in the bottom of the tub)

How big is Tommy? Is he a hatchling?

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Yes he is a hatchling and only 3in. It is bigger than it looks, the tub itself is 24"x36". It was the biggest tub at homedepot. The table/stand measures 44 1/2"x32". Is this a big enough enclosure?

wellington said:
It doesn't look very big. Especially being slanted to the bottom. If its as small as it looks, it's going to be hard to give a varied temp. You should put a piece of wood over the hole you cut out and just put up a railing along the edge of the table and make the whole table top the enclosure. Just my opinion. Hope it works out for you. Post pics when it's finished:)

Sorry the tub in the last pic is just an extra tub that I was going to use. Sorry for the confusion!

tort man20

5 Year Member
Your clam lights top needs to be ceramic not plastic

tort man20 said:
Your clamp lights top needs to be ceramic not plastic

Sorry meant
clamp

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Actually we built it. The legs are oak and the rest is white pine.

Where can I get a ceramic clamp light then?

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
mattgrizzlybear said:
Where can I get a ceramic clamp light then?

I bought mines at petsmart for around $15. You can probably get the ceramic clamp lamp from craigslist for a cheaper price.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I like this idea Matt, very creative.

Try to get it set up and running for a day or two before your little guy comes. This way you can test everything out and be sure that heat and humidity are adequate for your new beautiful hatchling. This can save you loads of scrambling around and make Tommy's transition from Florida to you a much smoother ride.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't confuse me, I confuse easily:p:D the ceramic socket dome lights you can get at most pet stores or hardware stores or even home depot. Can't wait to see it finished and the little guy running around in it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.