Almost finish...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks really nice. Only one is going to live in it right? I don't like the blue stuff whatever it is its not a proper substrate for a tort.

Twan777

My handy man put that blue stuff in there I guess just to give me a visual on how it will look with substrate in it...yes this is one of three that's being built for me...

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Awesome. Those are babies right? Are you covering it with plexi to keep humidity and heat in? I would line it with pond liner or shower curtain so wood is protected from moisture.

Twan777

Awesome. Those are babies right? Are you covering it with plexi to keep humidity and heat in? I would line it with pond liner or shower curtain so wood is protected from moisture.
I thought about putting a liner in it and no I won't be doing the plexiglass but I won't keep them extremely dry either not that horse fields need that that much moisture/humidity anyway...

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
It's beautiful, definitely a work of art.
But it would make more sense to design the enclosures to fit the needs of your tortoises. I'm afraid they would like a simple unsightly enclosure with deep substrate, plants and small hides better than this beautiful doll house with a courtyard.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Wow! I've never seen crown molding in a tortoise enclosure!! ;-) I like how the sight lines are broken up, so the enclosure will seem bigger to your tort.