Almost had a heart attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
....and killed my girlfriends dog

Not really but I learned why you should not leave a dog and tort alone. My gfs son is 5 and loves critters so I thought I'd be nice and take one of my Torti with me one day when I went to go see her (them). Anyway I brought some wood with me and Tutsies shelter and made a little pen when I got there. Put my Russian tortoise Tutsie in the pen and then the dog came out, gave her a quick sniff and moved on. Didn't think any more of it so continued to hang out with everyone we were outside chillin and I happen to look over and see this damn dog try to pick her up in her mouth. Rush over there imediatly scare the og and see Tutsie scared and pissed off. Dog goes back inside and I leave her be. Minutes later I see her continuing to roam in her pen.

Well that was weeks ago and I was wondering if you guys know if it will heel, is this normal healing colors patterns ect. And if her shell just looks healthy in general o you guys.

image.jpg

Thanks for you help : )

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's any other pic of her overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Aw...I LOVE Tutsie's irregular scute pattern. She's a beauty. Don't worry about that little spot. It is nothing. Injuries like that take quite a long time to go away because new keratin and bone has to grow UNDER that spot. In 6 months to a year, depending upon how slow she grows, the white spot will flake off and beautiful new shell will be under it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It may leave a scare but it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it for awhile so it doesn't get infected. Pass the word. Every dog at some point will attack the tortoise and/or treat it as a toy.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I hate that this happend, but it will serve as a warning for other newbies who may read this... NEVER TRUST A DOG WITH A TORT!! Im happy that your tort will heal up just fine.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Interesting scute pattern. The growth lines seem very wide. I don't if the wide growth lines are a sign of a problem or not.

Have you been weighing her? I'm assuming female based in the apparent size.

What kind of diet does she have?

Good luck.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
She looks OK! Should break up fine :)

And wow, she's a perfect circle! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
WillTortoise said:
Interesting scute pattern. The growth lines seem very wide. I don't if the wide growth lines are a sign of a problem or not.

Have you been weighing her? I'm assuming female based in the apparent size.

What kind of diet does she have?

Good luck.

Lettuce some kale spinage cantelope strawberry from time to time. Mostly lettuce though.

Status
Not open for further replies.