Aloha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KenG

I'm new to this forum, but certainly not to tortoises! My wife & I have been raising Sulcatas & Pardalis for over 30 years. We live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, a truly wonderful place for tortoises & turtles.

We currently have 16 Sulcatas ranging from 10 to 155 pounds, two Pardalis, & 11 box & wood turtles. The reason we have so many is that we have teamed with the local Humane Society to do tortoise rescues. We received a 15-pound female Sulcata last Friday, & a 125-pound male yesterday. Our only problem is that we're running out of space to quarantine the new additions for 60 days.

I'm looking forward to hearing from any other tortoise collectors, especially here in Hawaii.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Sounds like there is quite a need there for your rescue. So am I understanding they are kept in one group (after quarantine) or are there several sulcata groups? I enjoy seeing how others keep their tortoises, so hope to see not just pictures of them, but their environments.

Also hope for some pictures of Hawaii too. :cool: Has always seemed like it would be a great place to live or at least to visit.:)

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Aloha Ken, I too am new to the forum, but not Hawaii or tortoise keeping. Nice work with the rescue on Oahu. I live on Maui and have the following:

8 g.platynota
2 p.babcocki
10 p.pardalis
2 g.carbonaria
4 g.elegans

Keep up the good work
Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.