Am I feeding correctly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewTurtleMommy

5 Year Member
I am new at this, so thought I would ask for some feedback. I have been feeding my boxie Booker the following:

kale, collard greens, peaches, strawberries,kiwi, and earthworms. I also have a cuttle bone in his enclosure, but also use Repto-Cal sprinkled on his food. How often should he be fed the worms? Some sites say every other day, some say every day...he is a very big eater for a new rescue-he LOVES the worms and loves peaches. Just wanted to make sure he is getting the balanced diet he needs to stay healthy. Any and all comments welcomed and GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone!:)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Everything sounds fine to me. :)

Feeding the worms every other day is just fine.

Danny

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What an excellent diet for a boxie. I wouldn't change a thing. I wish mine would eat all that good stuff.

NewTurtleMommy

5 Year Member
:D thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback and it's a relief to know I am doing something right...lol. I cant get over what a huge appetite he has-hopefully the rain here in Texas will taper off tomorrow and my hubby and I can get the backyard enclosure done. I know he will be so much happier...and the inspiration from seeing pics of your habitats (especially you, Terryo) makes me want to make Booker something he will really enjoy. Thanks again! I hope to post a pic soon of the little guy when we get him settled.

John1982

5 Year Member
terryo said:
What an excellent diet for a boxie. I wouldn't change a thing. I wish mine would eat all that good stuff.

Me too!! Fruits excluded, if it doesn't move, I'm hard pressed to get Lady to show more than a passing interest.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
John1982 said:
terryo said:

Me too!! Fruits excluded, if it doesn't move, I'm hard pressed to get Lady to show more than a passing interest.

I have seven boxies...all different ages...from 32 years to 1 year, and if I want them to eat veggies or greens, I have to chop them up very fine and mix them with mazuri or sweet potato. But...give them a worm, or any other kind of bug and they go crazy.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a hard time getting my young GC to eat anything other than bugs, worms or meat.

NewTurtleMommy

5 Year Member
I guess we are blessed-today for example his breakfast was chopped sweet potato, kale, and two worms-dont get me wrong, the worms get his immediate attention, but he always finishes his "salad". Today at the store I picked him up some mustard greens and a bananna and we will see how that goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.