Am I the only one that's lonely now?

easyreiter

5 Year Member
I miss my DT so much!! Can Easter come sooner? I'm a bit jealous of all the sully owners who get to play all year long.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Is Leroy down? He's ahead of my two. But I'll be joining you with a case of the brumation blues soon enough. Where's he spending the winter?

reticguy76

5 Year Member
My Cooter is officially done for the winter. The last week or two, he was only coming out for a couple hours, barely eating anything and soaking. I havent seen him in about 4 or 5 days now. I will officially not offer anymore food and just water and let temps drop as they do. I miss him already !!!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
lol! I highly doubt that you're the only lonely one here!! I get lonely when my tort goes to bed, so I can't imagine him hibernating...:(

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
All but 1 Adult Boxie are fast asleep. I do have the 2 boxie hatchlings to keep me through the winter though.

easyreiter

5 Year Member
thatrebecca said:
Is Leroy down? He's ahead of my two. But I'll be joining you with a case of the brumation blues soon enough. Where's he spending the winter?

Yes :( he's been out about a week, even through this fluctuating so cal temps he's still seepin. He's in a tub with some newspaper in the garage now where it's coolest.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'd be so lonely if I didn't have year around torts!
My Russian is still up but I'll be curious to see what it's like without him around for a few months.

Perfect solution for you.... Get another! Lol

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't have turtles or torts that brumate, but all my sullies are acting weird. None of them will eat today and when they were out, they just stayed put or went to a corner. They wouldn't move or anything. The temps outside was 78 degrees, and it was gloomy. I put them to bed early. I hope this doesn't continue.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Wow, early birdies.
I asked my brother about grandpa's Fearsome Foursome and he said he thinks it will be "the usual ... out for Halloween and back for St Patricks Day. I guess they haven't fluctuated much from that for years despite the weather. Anyone else's that regular? Seems odd to me, that they are on schedule.
FunkeeDeeTee does not get to brumate. Too new to me. I have to keep my eye on his little hybrid butt, and nose, and weight.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Wow, early birdies.
I asked my brother about grandpa's Fearsome Foursome and he said he thinks it will be "the usual ... out for Halloween and back for St Patricks Day. I guess they haven't fluctuated much from that for years despite the weather. Anyone else's that regular? Seems odd to me, that they are on schedule.
FunkeeDeeTee does not get to brumate. Too new to me. I have to keep my eye on his little hybrid butt, and nose, and weight.

I think you're gonna have to start a FunkeeDeeTee thread for all us brumaters to read while our guys are down.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The men folk here are out an about....I had stopped feeding them for about a week in anticipation of the weather getting cooler...then it heated back up and has been 80+ and weather shows it to be that way for a solid week out---so this am I cut a medium size head of green leaf lettuce into four and offered it up to see what they would do and it was gone by the time I made a complete round dropping and then back to see if anyone was interested...although they were down by Nov 1 last year I am really watching NOAA to keep track...they are absolutely laid back like they usually are before their sleep but still out sunning and walking....will offer them up a long soak this weekend and will see what they tell me to do....:rolleyes:

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Everybody is awake again. Even a couple of Boxies are mating! Uh Hello? Is it Spring ALREADY????? hahaha, maybe it was me who slept through winter. 90 Degs F here right now, I wondered if that might wake them up. Was 89 Degs F yesterday, and none of the tortoises and all but 1 of the Boxes were tucked in sleeping through it.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Yes, must do. (Are you still in England, checking TFO, while on your trip? If so, naughty naughty)
Funkee is fun-kayyy!

Hah! Yes. I can't seem to sleep between the hours of 1 and 6am here, which is what TFO is for