Amend Garden Soil for enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Put Amend Garden Soul in the outdoor enclosure I'm making for the grass I planted in the enclosure. Is this safe for my torts? The soil prior to this was just sand basically and I needed this to grow the grass and other plants. I want your opinion. Is this fine? Here are pictures of the product and the enclosure.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That looks pesticide and fertilizer free. I have used topsoils/amendments like that w/o any issue. They improve drainage.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Before adding any kind of fertilizer or mulch to your enclosure...make absolutely sure it's organic!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I wouldn't use a clay amendment to add to sand. You already have great drainage. My soil here is sand, too, and my biggest problem is that if it is exposed on the surface, every bit of organic material blows away and the remaining pure sand REPELS water. I add just a thin surface layer of cypress mulch, and just that little bit keeps the surface tension broken and able to absorb water.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
You should be ok with using that bag. I use the same brand but its a different bag and it works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.