Amount of opuntia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I now have so many opuntia pads growing :). I've been giving them to my three Russians twice a week. Can I feed this more frequently? Should I be giving it daily?

Thanks!

Laurie

5 Year Member
Well, I can't believe no one knows the answer to this, I'll just pm one of the fantastic members I've met here, thanks anyway...

ssydney

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Laurie said:
Well, I can't believe no one knows the answer to this, I'll just pm one of the fantastic members I've met here, thanks anyway...

Sometimes it takes more than a day for a response.

Yes you can but I'd give more variety.

Laurie

5 Year Member
ssydney said:
Sometimes it takes more than a day for a response.

Yes you can but I'd give more variety.

Lol, I realize that :) I thought it was a pretty simple question though, was surprised to not see an answer! Maybe it wasn't as simple of a question as I thought..

ssydney

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Laurie said:
Lol, I realize that :) I thought it was a pretty simple question though, was surprised to not see an answer! Maybe it wasn't as simple of a question as I thought..

No worries :) but yes it's okay to feed maybe an extra day but not too much

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
id feed as much as they can eat, as long as their poop isnt getting runny from it and your still giving them other things.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Opuntia is the perfect tortoise food. You can feed it everyday. And if they eat it everyday, then it eliminates the need to supplement, as the calcium:phosphorous ratio is perfect...not to mention it provides the high fiber they need ;)

Laurie

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Opuntia is the perfect tortoise food. You can feed it everyday. And if they eat it everyday, then it eliminates the need to supplement, as the calcium:phosphorous ratio is perfect...not to mention it provides the high fiber they need ;)

That's the information I was looking for! Thanks :) I guess I could've worded my question a little more straight forward ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.